Orin Friesen has over 50 years of experience in music and in producing music projects. That experience encompasses radio, television, recording studios, and live performances. Jesse Friesen is following in his father’s footsteps and has become a successful engineer/producer on his own. With Jesse’s skills as a field recording engineer, a photographer, and graphic designer, Geneva Sky Studios can provide you the complete package, from recording your music to the completed CD. If you would like a live recording of your performance, Geneva Sky can bring the studio to you.
Here are a few highlights of the recording and production careers of Orin and Jesse:
Why not put our experience to work for you? Since we are a new facility, we will provide you with the lowest rates around. Let us help you showcase your talents by presenting you with a professional quality product that won’t kill your budget.
- Produced the nationally released radio special, The Wild West, which featured John McEuen, Michael Martin Murphey, Marty Stuart, and others.
- Produced the first 10 years of the International Bluegrass Music Awards Show. (1990-1999)
- Co-produced (with Jesse) the soundtrack album for the film, Home on the Range.
- Produced the radio special, Christmas in Cowboy Country, which featured Michael Martin Murphey, Riders in the Sky and Johnny Western.
- Produced several TV specials.
- Produced live performances and assembled bands for many artists, including Vince Gill, Ricky Skaggs, Earl Scruggs, Joe Diffie, Tom T. Hall, Marty Stuart, Rhonda Vincent, Alison Krauss, etc.
- Recorded studio performances by Keith Whitley, John Hartford, Joe Diffie, and many bluegrass bands and solo artists.
- Has played on-stage with Michael Martin Murphey, John McEuen, Rex Allen Jr, Roy Rogers Jr, Brad Paisley, and Johnny Western, to name a few.
- Has been producing his own radio show, Bluegrass from the Rocking Banjo Ranch, since 1973.
- Is a member of the Kansas Music Hall of Fame, the Kansas Bluegrass Hall of Fame, the Kansas Cowboy Hall of Fame, and the Old-Time Country Music Hall of Fame.
- Has received both Broadcaster of the Year and Distinguished Achievement awards from the International Bluegrass Music Association.
- Co-produced (with Orin) the soundtrack album for the film, Home on the Range.
- Produced and engineered Michael Martin Murphey’s songs for the Western Heritage Award-winning film, Road to Valhalla.
- Has recorded Kansas, Rex Allen Jr, Riders in the Sky, Hot Rize, the Sons of the Pioneers, and many other national, regional and local performers.
- Produced and engineered the Northern Light album for award-winning cowboy singer, Barry Ward.
- Produced the graphics and artwork for the Home on the Range soundtrack album.
- Engineered five albums for the Prairie Rose Rangers.
- Produced and engineered several albums for his own bands, Geneva Sky and Green Flamingos.
- Designed the CD covers for all of the Prairie Rose Rangers, Geneva Sky, and Green Flamingo albums.
Besides having in-house producers and engineers, Geneva Sky Studios also has access to the finest backup musicians in the area. The résumés of these musicians read like a “Who’s Who” of the music business.